City View Pharmacy, A Specialty Pharmacy
What is a "Specialty Pharmacy"? A Specialty Pharmacy is a pharmacy whose Pharmacists have many years of expertise in the treatment and management of chronic and complex diseases and conditions and can provide patients with specialized products and services related to their unique health care needs. And as a Specialty Pharmacy, City View Pharmacy stocks many hard-to-find medications, reducing the need for special ordering or waiting. Our delivery team can bring those specialty medications to you at your home or workplace quickly and conveniently.
City View Pharmacy's Specialty Pharmacists are experts in:
- Hepatitis C and co-infection
- Cancer / Oncology
- Auto-Immune Disease, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn's Disease, IBD, Plaque Psoriasis
- Osteoporosis (Prolia)
- Adherence Issues
As a Specialty Pharmacy, City View Pharmacy offers:
- Our dedicated team of Specialty Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians has over 40 combined years Specialty Pharmacy experience working closely with patients and providers in the NYC community for better outcomes.
- Free Delivery Service in all 5 boroughs of NYC (the Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten Island), Western Nassau County, Long Island & lower Westchester County, NY.
- Special Adherence and Compliance Tools (like our free "blister pack" or "dose pack" service)
- City View Pharmacy is a NY DSRIP (Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment) Eligible Safety Net Pharmacy.
- Compounding and Flavoring Services
- Refill Reminders
- Acceptance of all major insurance plans, including TriCare, Express Scripts, private insurance, ADAP, Medicare and Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care Plans.
- Expertise and Assistance with Insurance Claim Issues
About Harry Xidias, RPh
Harry is a graduate of Long Island University Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and has worked as a licensed Pharmacist in New York City since 1992.
Harry began his early career at Genovese Pharmacy (now part of Rite Aid Pharmacy) in Queens, NY and quickly moved to Fair Pharmacy an independent in the Bronx.
At Fair Pharmacy, Harry became the lead Pharmacist working closely with local physicians to pioneer and innovate in the emerging field of HIV/AIDS treatment, over time evolving Fair Pharmacy into one of the first HIV Specialty Pharmacies in NYC.
As Fair Pharmacy was about to be acquired by chain pharmacy BioScrip in 2004, Harry moved to another independent pharmacy in the Bronx, Congress Pharmacy.
Through years of experience and continuing education, Harry has expanded his Specialty Pharmacy expertise from a focus on HIV-AIDS treatment to include asthma management, hepatitis and oncology treatment.
In 2006, Harry fulfilled his dream of opening his own independent pharmacy in Astoria, NY, providing both community pharmacy and Specialty Pharmacy services to all five boroughs of New York City through free delivery service. Due to recent acquisitions of independent pharmacies by chains like Walgreens, many former patients and provider colleagues have searched for Harry and become patients, or referred patients to him, once again at City View Pharmacy!
Harry is a member of the Astoria Blue Feather Head Start Health Advisory Committee and the Western Queens Cancer Action Council. In 2013, Harry was honored to be appointed to the faculty of the Long Island University Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy as a Community Pharmacy Preceptor. After 20+ years in the field of pharmacy, Harry remains passionate about his work and, as an independent pharmacy owner, seeks to innovate services to meet patient and provider needs to ensure the best possible outcomes for his patients.